If you want to be happy with your weddings photos, it’s important to find a good photographer who knows what they’re doing. I know, this is much easier said than done… but this list should help guide you in knowing what to ask a photographer when you meet with them. It should give you answers to the questions you might not have thought of.
It’s important to go to a consultation prepared, knowing which things are most important to you in a photographer. So take a look at the list below and decide which questions you want answers to.
1. Will we have a signed contract that lists our package and agreements?
2. What do you do if another couple wants you to photograph their wedding on the same day?
3. Are you the photographer who will be photographing the wedding? Will you have any assistants?
4. How long after the wedding will we receive our photos?
5. How many photos do I get?
6. Do you charge a travel fee if the wedding is far away?
7. Do you offer an engagement shoot before the wedding?
8. What will happen if you are very sick and unable to photograph our wedding?
9. Do you have backup equipment if something happens?
10. Do you backup your files? If I lose my pictures, can I get another copy?
11. Do you have a portfolio I can look at?
12. How do you feel about other guests taking photos at the same time?
13. If my wedding lasts longer than expected, will you stay? If so, is there an additional charge?
14. What products do you offer?
15. Do you retouch and colour correct the photos?
16. Will you help me with the timeline of the wedding day?
17. Do you require a deposit? Do you offer payment plans?
18. What is your refund/ cancellation policy?
19. Do you have liability insurance?
20. Do you give direction in posing or just photograph things as they happen?
Read also, How to Choose the Right Wedding Photographer.
If you would like to set up a free consultation with Victoria, please fill out the contact form.